The ACPA Foundation serves as the fundraising arm of ACPA – College Student Educators International. Through the Diamond Honoree Campaign and other fundraising initiatives, the Foundation supports the work of ACPA by funding scholarship, professional development, and the Association’s strategic goals. You already invest in ACPA and student affairs and services through your Association membership. Won’t you consider taking the next opportunity to help serve and transform the profession by becoming an ACPA Foundation Trustee or Trustee Associate?
ACPA Trustees serve a three-year term. Trustees are expected to serve on one or more Foundation committees and engage in the work of the Foundation through fund-raising initiatives, stewardship activities, and Foundation management. Trustees also support the Foundation through contributions of at least $1,000 per year during their term.
Trustee Associates are early- to mid-career professionals serving a two-year term as non-voting members of the Foundation Board. Trustee Associates work with Trustee mentors and the full Board through engagement in Foundation committees and initiatives. Trustee Associates also support the Foundation through contributions of at least $250 per year during their term.
To apply to become a Trustee or Trustee Associate submit a statement of interest and current resume or CV. Statements of interest should address the following questions:
- Position of interest (Trustee or Trustee Associate)
- What interests you in serving on the ACPA Foundation Board?
- Describe your involvement and any leadership roles with ACPA and other professional associations.
- What skills and/or qualities would you bring to the Foundation Board (including any fund-raising, marketing, and partnership development experience)?
- How do you envision the work of the Foundation and your own professional experiences reflecting and aligning with ACPA’s mission and values?
Applications should be submitted to the Foundation Trustee Relations Committee by October 16, 2017.
For more information about the ACPA Foundation, its programs, and the Board of Trustees (including Trustee expectations) please visit http://foundation.myacpa.org/whoweare/bot/ . If you have any questions regarding the nomination and selection process, or the work of the Foundation Trustees, please contact Heidi Levine, Foundation Vice President.