Call for Applications!
Interim Director of Equity and Inclusion Appointment Process
ACPA – College Student Educators International seeks applications for Interim Director of Equity and Inclusion to complete the current term from December 2015 – March 2017. This position is a voting member of the ACPA Governing Board and provides strategic direction regarding equity and inclusion for the association.
The Director of Equity and Inclusion shall:
- Serve as Affirmative Action Officer for the Governing Board.
- Scan the larger environment to understand how issues of equity and inclusion impact the work of the profession, issues of the Association, and the needs and experiences of professionals.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for equity and inclusion that meets identified needs of the Association.
- Work closely with the Assembly leadership, serving as ex officio member of the Assembly.
- Serve on the Nominations and Elections Committee and the Leadership and Training Committee.
- Serve on the 2018 Convention Chair Selection Committee.
- Appoint the chair of the Ethics Committee, with approval of the Governing Board.
- Attend all meetings of the Assembly.
- Complete the mid-year and end-of-year reports following the guidelines provided by the President and/or International Office staff.
- Mentor and collaborate with the Director-Elect for Equity and Inclusion.
Be a current member, who has been a member of ACPA for no less than three years and demonstrate effectiveness to fulfill the position description.
- November 13 – applications due
- November 16-20 – Nominations and Elections committee review applications and bring two names to the board for consideration.
- December 11 – Board votes on candidates and appoints interim director
For questions or more information, contact Gavin Henning, ACPA President.