Keith Humphrey, ACPA President 2012-13, is pleased to announce the agreement from nine of our student affairs associations to participate in The Code of Ethics Consortium Committee to discuss and review current ethic statements with the desire to determine if it is possible to produce a unifying Code of Ethics for the profession. All of the Student Affairs in Higher Education Consortium (SAHEC) members were invited to participate. Participating in the Consortium is:
- ACPA - College Student Educators International
- Association of Fraternity and Sorority Advisers (AFA)
- Association of College and University Housing Officers International (ACUHOI)
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI)
- Association of Student Conduct Administration (ASCA)
- Canadian Association of College and University Student Services (CACUSS)
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA)
- National Orientation Directors Association (NODA)
- NIRSA: Leaders in Collegiate Recreation
A introductory meeting is scheduled to be held at the ACPA Convention for those attending. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3-4:00pm in the Planet Hollywood, Santa Monica 3. The purpose of this meeting is to meet one another and informally discuss the task in creating a unifying code of ethics for the profession. The first official meeting of the Consortium Committee will be in late March, following many of the individual conventions/conferences.
Michael Kocet, will chair the Committee. He also serves as ACPA's Ethics Committee co-chair and associate professor/student affairs program director at Bridgewater State University Massachusetts.