The Voice of Inclusion Medallion recognizes exemplary campus-based programs in the field of Higher Education and Student Affairs that have in some way contributed to making their campus communities a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Recipients of this award have responded to an assessed need in the areas of multiculturalism, diversity, and social justice through well-developed and creative programs and practice.
The following program criteria are used in considering exemplary program recipients: program should respond to an assessed or measured need in the areas of multiculturalism and diversity; achieve an expressed outcome; have a well-developed and creative design; translate to other institutional environments; and include an evaluation process that demonstrates its impact.
To nominate a program, send a nomination letter including the nominee's telephone number, and e-mail address by November 17, 2017 to the Award Coordinator, Mary Tregoning (firstname.lastname@example.org). The nomination letter should be accompanied by any other relevant supporting materials, such as letters of support. Nominees may be contacted for additional information. You are strongly advised to contact the Award Coordinator prior to mailing your nomination to get accurate mailing information (USPS or email). The Award Coordinator may also be able to help you with any additional nomination materials that are required.
Loyola Marymount University Intercultural Facilitators Program
- Frederick Douglass Distinguished Scholars Program, American University
- Chinese Roommate LGBT Community Building Training Session for the Beijing Center for Chinese Studies
- Diversity Professional Development Series
- P.A.C.E. (Programs for Awareness in Cultural Education)
- Body Politics; Women of Color Leadership Network
- Multicultural Leadership Institute
- S.A.A.B.: Student African American Brotherhood
- "To Mexico with Love"
- White Privilege Conference: "Shaha: The Storytellers"
- "Different Voices, Common Threads" Social Justice Training Institute
- "Conversations on Race"
- "Voices Series"
- "Project Safe"