The ACPA Innovative Practice Award (formerly Excellence in Practice Award) recognizes the outstanding work of a campus practitioner who is innovative in their approach, and who has made a significant impact on student communities on their campus. The association intends to honor practitioners who are making a difference at the local level and are successfully trying and assessing new and creative approaches to our work.
- Minimum of 8 years as a practitioner in student affairs
- Evidence of making a significant contribution(s) to the co-curricular student experience, their campus
- Evidence of implementing innovative practices
- Demonstrated commitment to ACPA
- Letter of nomination that articulates how the individual meets the criteria for the award and includes the nominee's name, email address, and telephone number
- The nominee’s resume
- Two supporting letters from department and campus leadership
We are no longer accepting nominations for this awards cycle. Please check back mid-June 2019 for nomination deadlines for the 2019-2020 Awards Cycle.
Keith Humphrey, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo