The Esther Lloyd-Jones Professional Service Award honors the life and work of one of the earliest pioneers of our profession, Esther Lloyd-Jones. The award recipient exemplifies the profession's commitment to service through significant, continued, and unselfish service/leadership activities that have benefited the nominee’s campus, the profession, ACPA, and the profession's practice on the state and national level.
- Minimum of 15 years as a scholar or practitioner in student affairs within an institution of higher education
- Evidence of making a significant contribution(s) to the co-curricular student experience, their campus, and/or their colleagues
- Is well versed in the literature and has evidence of applying theory to practice in their work. (This could be far ranging from student affairs, developmental theory, environmental and cultural literature and research.)
- Demonstrated commitment to ACPA
- Letter of nomination that articulates how the individual meets the criteria for the award and includes the nominee's name, email address, and telephone number
- The nominee’s resume
- Two supporting letters from other leaders in the field
We are no longer accepting nominations for this awards cycle. Please check back mid-June 2019 for nomination deadlines for the 2019-2020 Awards Cycle.