It is the 50th Anniversary of CCAPS! ...one of the nation’s oldest and most respected college mental health organizations
Learn about our History
The FACES of CCAPS
Learn about our most valuable resource: Our members! Browse through this historical look at CCAPS members and their important contributions to our field of college and university counseling.
Faces of CCAPS
CCAPS exists to provide leadership and support for mental health professionals working in settings of higher education. Our values include:
- Promoting human development in community colleges, colleges and universities;
- Supporting and encouraging the exchange of ideas, innovations, research and standards among counseling professionals and educators;
- Embracing the multiple perspectives of professional disciplines within college/university counseling;
- Promoting social justice and equity;
- Encouraging collaboration across all Student Affairs areas; and
- Providing opportunities to become involved in participatory leadership.
CCAPS Sponsors for the 50th Anniversary Celebration
We wanted to mark our 50th anniversary with a look back at where we have been and who we are. Please find here stories from our history, as well as highlights of some of the people who have been involved in CCAPS over the years. It is the people of CCAPS that make this organization so vital, relevant, and important to our professional lives. And so, this is also an invitation to join us as a member and become part of the next 50 years!