To proivde leadership and knowledge generation for ACPA in all issues related to student intake and first-year experience.
The ACPA Commission for Admissions, Orientation, and First-Year Experience (AOFYE) provides superior resources for scholarship, recognition, and networking for all association members whose work is engaged in the management of student enrollment and adjustment. AOFYE is able to do this through its network of professionals whose expertise and understanding that college and university transition programs function best as integrated, intentionally-connected, and comprehensive processes.
- Distribute a monthly written piece via newsletter, blog or other source that shares developments in the field and provides a forum for members to share best practices.
- Organize and host a minimum of 6 webcasts annually that showcase relevant topics and best practices in the field
- Sponsor no fewer than 4 programs, which collectively cover a variety of topics related to the mission of AOFYE, at the ACPA annual convention.
- Regularly update the AOFYE blog that provides an additional forum for Commission members to discuss trends within the field.
- When necessary, advocate and consult ACPA Leadership for issues related to the mission of AOFYE
- Present annual awards to exemplary students, professionals, and programs that contribute to the mission of AOFYE
- Co-sponsor an annual grant with the National Resource Center for innovative research related to the mission of AOFYE
- Sponsor no fewer than one student interested in functional areas related to the mission of AOFYE at the Next Gen Conference
- Provide networking opportunities at the ACPA annual convention for AOFYE professionals
- Provide opportunities for members to share information on job openings related to the mission of AOFYE
- Regularly update and engage members via social media outlets (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)