- Join CCAPS and read the newsletter.
- Attend Commission for Counseling and Psychological Services meetings, programs, and social events at the annual ACPA convention.
- Become a committee member; seek election to the Directorate Body.
- Submit articles to the newsletter.
- Because it's the original organization for those interested in mental health services in higher education.
- To help shape the agenda of ACPA.
- To remain connected with other student affairs professionals; for support and friendships.
- To keep current and informed about what others in this profession are doing.
- To have the increased impact of the power of coalition.
- For help with ethics issues, liability insurance, articles of professional interest, and continuing education credits.
- To become involved and develop leadership and mentoring skills.
- For the opportunity to belong to a diverse group strengthened by its unitary focus of counseling in higher education.
- Find out more with our CCAPS Newcomer's Guide to ACPA.
- CE/CU workshops.
- Professional liability insurance option.
- Award-winning newsletter.
- Access to current information on "hot topics" and professional standards.
|How to Become a CCAPS Member
ACPA members interested in joining CCAPS can do so by logging in to the system by clicking here. After logging in, scroll to committees section near the bottom left hand quarter and follow the instructions.
Subscribe to the CCAPS Listserv
The CCAPS listserv provides an opportunity for Commission members, counselors, psychologists, counselor educators, social workers, faculty, students, and others interested in college counseling issues to dialogue about college counseling concerns. Subscribers will learn about Commission committees and special interest groups, annual convention activities and programs, and continue their involvement with the Commission during the year in between the conventions. The list is also a great forum for asking questions and learning about college counseling practices on a national level.
To Subscribe to the listserv:
- Go to ACPA Homepage: http://www.myacpa.org/
- Choose “Membership” from the menu on the left sidebar of the screen.
- Select “ACPA Listservs (member only)”.
- Fill in your ACPA user name and password and click the “log on” button at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Choose” under “Email discussion list settings” and scroll down to “Manage My Email Subscriptions”, then click “Go”
- Go about halfway down the page under the column “List Name” and find “Commission on Counseling and Psychological Services”; under the column “Subscription Type” select either “Subscribe Single” or “Subscribe Digest”
- Click on the button “Submit Changes” at the bottom of the page.
- Congratulations! You’re on the CCAPS listserv!