Thank you for visiting our website. We welcome your interest and hope you find the information provided on this site helpful. To find out about opportunities for involvement, inquire about upcoming Commission programs, or if you have further questions, please contact CGDSD Chair Gudrun Nyunt.
Follow us on Twitter: @GlobalACPA
Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ACPACGDSD/
Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12226312/
Make sure you have joined our Commission on Chatter, so you will receive our newsletter. More information on how to join are on our Get Involved page.
About the Commission
Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2011, the Commission for the Global Dimensions of Student Development (CGDSD) is one of ACPA's oldest and most vital entity groups.
The Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development brings together ACPA members from all functional areas interested in cross-cultural learning, development of intercultural competencies, internationalization, and student services around the world. Our Commission creates space for and initiates international and cross-cultural dialogue and collaboration among higher and tertiary education professionals and encourages its members to become engaged global citizens.
Our Commission creates and distributes educational resources on a variety of global topics including:
- supporting international students, scholars and faculty members,
- study abroad and international service-learning,
- fostering the development of intercultural competencies,
- student services around the world,
- the role of student affairs in internationalization efforts.
Our Commission also serves as a home for international members, including ACPA members living and working outside of the United States as well as foreign-born ACPA members living and working in the United States.
Since its inception, the Commission has served as an essential hub for ACPA members interested in global education, cross-cultural learning, and student development. Over the years CGDSD members have provided critical leadership to ACPA's efforts to engage globally. That work continues today through ACPA's Global Initiatives, our partnerships with other student affairs and services organizations like IASAS and CACUSS, and our efforts to provide resources to ACPA members around the global dimensions of student development.
Opportunities for Involvement
The Commission offers many ways for ACPA members to get involved and lead.
- Submit a program proposal for CGDSD sponsorship at the annual Convention
- Volunteer with Commission-sponsored initiatives at Convention
- Apply for the CGDSD Research Grant
- Submit an article for publication to About Campus, Developments, or the Journal of College Student Development
- Prepare and deliver a presentation as part of the Commission's Dial-a-Dialogue series
- Attend one of the Commission's Dial-a-Dialogue events
- Serve on the Directorate Board
Use the drop down menus or click the links below to learn more about the Commission.