One of the goals of the Commission is to be a place professionals can turn to for information that enhances our work with students. This page includes information on research that might be useful to professionals in graduate education. It also includes resources for students, faculty and staff. We hope that a by-product of this sharing of information will be an increased sense of community and a networking base for practitioners.
We are currently building this section of the site. Please continue to check back, and send us your thoughtson best practices to highlight here.
General Information on Graduate/Professional Education
Resources for Graduate Students
- Council of Graduate Schools Resources for Students
- Grad Resources, a site with links to various graduate student resources
- Graduate Student Financial Resources
- National Association of Graduate and Professional Students includes information on forming effective graduate student governments
Graduate/Professional School Associations
- American Bar Association, Law Student Division
- Association of American Law Schools
- Council of Graduate Schools
- National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals
- Graduate Student Information
- National Post Doctoral Association
Reports on Doctoral Education
- Carnegie Initiative on the Doctorate, examines the character of the doctorate and engages with departments committed to restructuring their doctoral programs.
- Re-envisioning the Ph.D., a project funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts which posed the question: "How can we re-envision the Ph.D. to meet the needs of the society of the 21st Century?"
- The Responsive Ph.D., a report by the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Program presents findings and recommendations for improvements in doctoral education.
- Survey on Doctoral Education and Career Preparation, a national survey of over 4,000 doctoral students.
- The PhD Completion Project looks at the rates of completion in doctoral programs and considers factors related to both high and low rates of completion.
- NSF Survey of Graduate Students in the Sciences provides data on student success in the sciences