Commission for Housing and Residential Life
Mission and Purpose
Residence halls are one of the primary settings for student development programs in colleges and universities. The Commission for Housing and Residential Life (CHRL) is one of the largest of ACPA's commissions and actively involves its members in meeting seven major objectives:
- To provide leadership to ACPA and the profession in general for student development in college residence halls.
- To identify issues of special concern and advise colleagues regarding these concerns through the support of research efforts, survey information, reports, position papers, and task force investigations.
- To communicate innovative ideas, special issues, problem resolution, and research information with a broad base of individuals throughout the country who are involved in residence education.
- To maintain a working relationship with other professional organizations, student associations, and other commissions, divisions, and agencies within ACPA that maintain similar or overlapping objectives.
- To cultivate professional development experiences through sponsoring and implementing convention programs and regional workshops.
- To assist in developing a set of professional standards for staff working in residence halls.
- To develop a plan and a process for evaluating the work and leadership of the Commission.
The voices of our membership are important. Join the discussion on our blog, Commission Conversations: http://acpahousing.wordpress.com/. Share with us your thoughts, feelings, good news and good ideas. We welcome your voices as we explore the challenges and triumphs of our colleagues in housing and residential life. And once you've explored that opportunity, please check out other opportunities to get involved with the association.
You can also follow us on Twitter: @ACPA_CHRL
Directorate Body Leadership 2018-2019
- Chair: Laura Arroyo, University of Colorado - Boulder
- Chair-Elect: Claire Semer, Bowling Green State University
- Vice Chair: Brandin Howard, University of Vermont
- Vice Chair: Devin Budhram, New York University
- Vice Chair: Ann Schafer, University of Oklahoma
- MarQuita Barker, Elon University
- Marquis L. Bennett, SUNY-Morrisville
- Jeremy Brown, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Kelly D’Arcy, Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Ashley Dobbs, Georgia State University
- Yolande Graham, University of Oklahoma
- Amy Howard, Maryville University
- Steven Knepp, Millersville University
- Rachel Oladele, UNC School of the Arts
- Quan Phan, University of Oklahoma
- Jessica Prodoehl, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Ashley Robinson, University of Connecticut
- Ally Schipma, Washington University in St. Louis
- Justin Schwendeman, Colorado State University
- Dennis Scott, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Jess Shapiro, Ithaca College
- DeAndre Taylor, University of Colorado Boulder