To provide support/service to Commission members and to members of other commissions who work on behalf of international students and scholars and on behalf of professionals in international and intercultural education.
- Expand the use of ACPACOMX@MITVMA.MIT.EDU to include all members listed, for the purpose of networking and professional support.
- Complete development of the Commission's homepage, as the primary source of information about offerings, services and programs of the commission.
- Distribute information about accessible resources from Commission's Intercultural Resources Room.
- Share information about professional developoment opportunities in the area of international education and international student services.
- Facilitate connecting with related professional organizations such as NAFSA: Association of International Educators and the Society of Intercultural Education, Training and Research (SIETAR) International.
- Publish Commission's newsletter both electronically and in printed form.
- Share information on ACPA organizational issues and resources.
- Maintain the membership informed about Commission's services and programs.
To provide through the year commission relevant programming, as a way of enhancing professional competencies (knowledge and skills) in the area of international and intercultural education.
- Provide programs that incorporate successful practices in international student services.
- Offer resources and referral information for specific issues and concerns.
- Collaborate with other commissions for presentations and resourcing.
- Promote the use of the Intercultural Resources Room available through the Commission.
- Recognize successful practices in the field through Commission's awards.
- Index the Intercultural/International Resource Center in Commission's website.
To encourage evaluation and assessment, to improve practices, and to promote the generation of new knowledge which recognizes the unique needs and concerns of international students as well as theories and frameworks from international and intercultural education.
- Create an assessment component within the program review and development committee.
- Recognize significant contributions through Commission's Research Award.
- Periodically evaluate offerings and services through the commission's newsletter.
To promote and support general welfare, rights, and responses of post-secondary international students and student affairs professionals who work with them.
- Provide a representative voice within ACPA that would speak to the special needs and concerns of professionals in international education.
- Provide a representative voice within ACPA that would speak on behalf of the interest of international students and of professionals in international education.
- Disseminate knowledge and successful practices about services for international students.
- Advocate for international students and professionals in international education in all of ACPA's policies and initiatives.