Welcome to the Commission for Professional Preparation! The Commission for Professional Preparation is committed to the recruitment, preparation, and continuing education of student affairs professionals. Members work closely with the nation's graduate preparation programs, particularly through student affairs teaching faculty (and those preparing for this role) examining the recruitment of new professionals and recommendations for curriculum improvement.
Commission for Professional Preparation
- Joint Statement on Student Affairs Preparation Program Quality
- Monograph on The Student Personnel Point of View
- Resources on Women in Higher Education
- Site for Faculty Position Announcements
- Directory of Graduate Programs
- Syllabus Clearinghouse
- CAS - Masters Level Preparation Program
- Research Grants
- Research and Writing Awards
- CSP Talk Listserv
- Student Affairs History Project
- April 15 Common Response Resolution
- Getting to ‘YES’: A Guide to Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Graduate Applicant
The Commission for Professional Preparation is committed to the preparation of student affairs professionals. It accomplishes this via a diverse graduate and continuing education directorate that: create opportunities for the recruitment of those interested in entering the student affairs profession; promote advanced learning opportunities that embrace critical values of the profession such as the development of the whole student, diversity, and ethics; and that seek to address the professional development of student affairs teaching faculty through collaborative opportunities for networking, scholarship, and service with colleagues.