Volunteer for CSI!
Are you looking for a way to connect with other professionals in the field and expand your own knowledge at the same time? Then you should Dive into CSI!
We are looking for a select number of dedicated volunteer to step into our vacant positions. The term for these roles would run until May 31, 2019. Most volunteer positions require 1 to 2 hours per week while others have concentrated periods of heavy work.
Volunteer position descriptions can be found here.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. We encourage you to apply soon! You can find more information on the application. Please apply here.
If you have any questions about a volunteer position, please contact Vice Chair for Membership, Joshua Barnhart.
- Elected to be a Directorate member
- Chosen to be a Leadership Team member
- Serve as a Committee Volunteer
- Use the Commission Listserv
- Write an article for INTERCHANGE, CSI's scholarly publication
- Submit proposals to be a CSI sponsored program at ACPA's Annual Convention
Networking & Leadership Opportunities
Share ideas, meet new people, and take on a leadership role in the commission! Leadership in the Commission ranges from research, awards, to publications. Join the Commission for Student Involvement by:
- When you renew your ACPA membership or first become a member of ACPA, check the Commission for Student Involvement selection to become a member. (*NOTE: you need to do this every time you renew your annual membership*).
- Stop by the CelebrACPA the ACPA Annual Convention. Check your ACPA Program Book or Guidebook Application for the location and time.
- Apply to be on the Directorate or run for a Leadership Team position. Learn more about the CSI leadership positions.
The requirements to be a Directorate Governing Board Member include:
- Currently be a member of ACPA or other affliated organization
- Not serve on any other ACPA Directorate at the time of serving or on the current Commission Leadership Team
- Be able to attend meetings/conference calls, including ACPA's Annual Convention
- Have previously served on the Commission Leadership Team or other governing board (i.e. state board, ACPA Standing Committee/Commission, or other professional association board affiliated with student involvement/student affairs)
The Directorate Governing Board position is a 2-year term from the time of appointment.
Contribute to the Happenings and Interchange.
For more information about our publications and how to submit articles click here.