Volunteer for CSI!
Are you looking for a way to connect with other professionals in the field and expand your own knowledge at the same time? Then you should Dive into CSI!
We are looking for a select number of dedicated volunteer to step into our vacant positions. The term for these roles would run until May 31, 2017. Most volunteer positions require 1 to 2 hours per week while others have concentrated periods of heavy work.
Volunteer position descriptions can be found here. Please note we are only looking to fill these positions at this time: E-Series Coordinator, Graphic Designer, Silent Auction Coordinator, and Volunteer Management Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. We encourage you to apply soon! You can find more information on the org sync application. Please apply here.
If you have any questions about a volunteer position, please contact Vice Chair for Membership, Jessica Proskin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elected to be a Directorate member
- Chosen to be a Leadership Team member
- Serve as a Committee Volunteer
- Use the Commission Listserv
- Write an article for INTERCHANGE, CSI's scholarly publication
- Submit proposals to be a CSI sponsored program at ACPA's Annual Convention
Networking & Leadership Opportunities
Share ideas, meet new people, and take on a leadership role in the commission! Leadership in the Commission ranges from research, awards, to publications. Join the Commission for Student Involvement by:
- When you renew your ACPA membership or first become a member of ACPA, check the Commission for Student Involvement selection to become a member. (*NOTE: you need to do this every time you renew your annual membership*).
- Stop by the CelebrACPA the ACPA Annual Convention. Check your ACPA Program Book or Guidebook Application for the location and time.
- Apply to be on the Directorate or run for a Leadership Team position. Learn more about the CSI leadership positions.
The requirements to be a Directorate Governing Board Member include:
- Currently be a member of ACPA or other affliated organization
- Not serve on any other ACPA Directorate at the time of serving or on the current Commission Leadership Team
- Be able to attend meetings/conference calls, including ACPA's Annual Convention
- Have previously served on the Commission Leadership Team or other governing board (i.e. state board, ACPA Standing Committee/Commission, or other professional association board affiliated with student involvement/student affairs)
The Directorate Governing Board position is a 2-year term from the time of appointment.
Interchange is published four times annually with announcements, articles, and resources for the Commission. Issues focus on the four main areas of the Commission: Community Service & Service-Learning, Fraternity & Sorority Affairs, Student Activities & Organizations, and Leadership Education. INTERCHANGE is an opportunity for publishing findings, surveys and book reviews. You can contribute to INTERCHANGE by emailing our Vice Chair for Communications, Lin Philpott. See past issues and learn more about the INTERCHANGE.