Welcome to the Commission for Two-Year Colleges!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Add us to your "Chatter" in your ACPA Member Portal
- Drop a line to our Directorate sharing ideas for programs, research and networking by emailing our Chair.
- Research Mentor Program
Want an experienced guide and mentor as you complete research and promote scholarship related to two-year colleges? Have some time to serve as a mentor? We're looking for you!
Opportunities to network and connect oustide of the Annual Convention
- Summer Drive-In Conference
Interested in a volunteer leadership position?
Click Here for more Info
The Commission for Two-Year Colleges is directly concerned with issues relevant to student development programs at two-year institutions. Additionally, it is designed topromote the improvement of student development programs; enhance the professional development of student development personnel; and serve as an advocate for student development programs at two-year institutions.
The Commission Two-Year Colleges enhances your work with students by:
- Giving you access to our e-newsletter, published two times a year, which keeps you updated on current student affairs issues relevant to two-year colleges.
- Providing professional development opportunities through sponsored programs at ACPA's annual convention, commission-sponsored regional workshops, and co-sponsored programs with other national student development in two-year college focused organizations.
- Affording opportunities for you to network with other student development professionals via the Internet, conferences, and workshops.
- Connecting you to job placement opportunities through ACPA's placement services.
- Providing access to research awards for student development for two-year college professionals.
Providing opportunities for you to dialogue with other college student development professionals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
50 Years of History!
In 2011, this commission celebrated its 50th anniversary. To show a bit of the history, a powerpoint was shown at the 2011 ACPA Annual Convention. To view this, click here to view it as a PDF.
The Commission for Two-Year Colleges publishes e-newsletters three times a year.
To join the commission:
Select committee name from list of committees
Click to open committee
Click on option "join committee".
For additional information, please contact Commission Chair Jennifer Blackwell at firstname.lastname@example.org