ACPA18 will provide convention attendees opportunities to: (1) Reflect on their own positionality and role in social justice work within student affairs; (2) Educate and role model the value of racial justice; (3) Engage the issues impacting higher education by applying our identified competencies; (4) Experience critical opportunities for learning and engagement through the creation and dissemination of knowledge; and 5) collaborate with the local Houston community.
We are committed to an experience that pushes boundaries in our thinking, empowers members to make a difference, and stimulates change in the community.
The Commission for Academic Affairs will be sponsoring/co-sponsoring the following programs. We will post times and locations when announced.
- No, You Don't have Hug Eveyone: Careers in Academic Affairs
- Mentor Mosaic: Creating Inclusive Mentoring Communities to Enhance Student Success
- Helping Students Reclaim Bandwidth Lost to Poverty, Racism, Social Marginalization (Commission for Social Justice Educators)
- Employing Data: Making it Work for You (Commission for Assessment and Evaluation)
- Divisional Partnerships Enhancing Student Global Experiences (Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development)
- Deployment of Intrusive Advising within the Dynamic Student Development Metatheodel (Commission for Academic Support)
For more details, keep watch at ACPA Houston 2018