Going into its 17th year, the Donna M. Bourassa Mid-Level Management Institute is an ACPA signature educational program for those desiring to understand their authentic leadership, strengthen their capacities and understand self and organizational dynamics in order to lead well. The Institute, named for Donna Bourassa, Ed.D. former Associate Executive Director of ACPA, is a successful professional development resource to hundreds of colleagues in the student affairs profession.
- Dynamic curriculum focused on identifying the complexities facing higher education and the student affairs profession and providing the resources to affect positive change.
- Sessions dedicated to skill enhancement in the following areas:
- Organizational Cultures
- Authentic Leadership
- Multicultural Competencies
- Leadership and Ethics
- Communication and Difficult Dialogues
- Politics of Everyday Work
- Organizational and Transition Management
- A highly interactive and engaging learning environment using a cohort model to affect personal and professional transformation.
Reception each year at the ACPA Annual Convention for all past participants.
The first step in the process is for participants to send in an application form. The priority deadline for applications is Friday, April 24, 2015. After the deadline, applications will only be considered until the institute fills. Priority applicants will be notified of their status by Friday, May 1, 205, and selected participants are asked to register by Friday, May 15, 2015.
The Institute is designed for professionals who have been in the student affairs field for five (5) or more years. Departmental directors who have fewer than five years’ experience are also eligible to register for the Institute.
Two merit-based $240 scholarships are available. In addition to the application form above, a letter from your immediate supervisor is also required. The supervisor's letter should include (a) how the participant will benefit from attending the Institute, and (b) what financial constraints exist which may prevent the participant's attendance. This information should also be sent to Tricia Fechter in the International Office.
Deadline date to apply for a scholarship is Friday, March 27, 2015.
Questions? Contact Tricia Fechter, ACPA Interim Deputy Executive Director, at 1 (202) 835-2272.