14–16 October 2019
The University of Vermont annually presents one of the nation’s premiere conferences focused on the diverse legal issues impacting all aspects of higher education. The conference spans two and a half days and includes multiple concurrent sessions, large plenary sessions, welcome reception, networking lunches and vendor area.
- You can attend the conference at UVM or online via webstream.
- The program features leading experts in Higher Education Law, Student Affairs and Campus Public Safety.
- Through interactive sessions, panel discussions and informal networking opportunities participants learn practical approaches to complex legal situations.
- Participants acquire the knowledge to implement best practices, policies and programs; and develop a network of peers to serve as connectors and advisors who continue to serve as a problem-solving resources after the conclusion of the conference.
Housing is available in area hotels. Please note that hotel rooms book early during the Fall foliage season.
All materials are available online.
- First Amendment on Campus
- Transgender Student issues
- Title IX, VAWA, and Clery Updates
If you prefer to attend the conference sessions from the comfort of your home institution, the Legal Issues in Higher Education Conference can be viewed via a low cost webstream option. The webstream is a live video (with audio) stream of the conference. Price is per computer. If you choose to project the conference sessions at your home institution, many participants can view together.
You will be sent instructions on how to webstream the conference 2-4 business days prior to the start of the conference.