ACPA - College Student Educators International, in its commitment to the advancement of the student affairs profession, recognizes the global dimensions of its work and the contributions of student affairs/student services practitioners and scholars throughout the world. While historically rooted in the evolution of the American higher education system, the Association seeks now to extend its efforts and services on behalf of and in collaboration with global colleagues to support the learning and educational experience of postsecondary/tertiary students wherever they are. Thus, ACPA - College Student Educators International is committed to a threefold strategy that furthers global relationships among student affairs/student services practitioners and scholars, advances a common understanding of our work, and supports the preparation and continuing development of colleagues who identify with this field.
- ACPA Convention in Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Global Student Summit on Student Affairs - Powered by IASAS, ACPA, and LEAD365 (More info >>)
- 3rd Annual Global Summit on Student Affairs and Services, Stellenbosch University, near Cape Town, South Africa (26-28 October 2016)
- ACPA President Gavin Henning attended the 18th Annual CTLPA Conference in Barbados.
- Ted Carroll went to the 2015 Global Summit on Student Affairs in Rome, Italy (Review his report!)
- ACPA joined the Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarks Project (diversitycollegium.org)
A Student Affairs delegation visiting the U.S. from the Tshwane University of Technology in South Africa visited the ACPA IO on Wednesday, June 25, 2014.
Fourth Annual Global Dimensions of Student Development Colloquium: Creating Connections for Meaningful Learning Between International and Domestic Students, Sunday, March 30, 2014, at the ACPA Annual Convention in Indianapolis
CACUSS 2014: June 8th - 11th, 2014, at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia
AMOSSHE Annual Conference 2014 - Brave New World: July 16 to July 18, 2014
- ACPA President Kent Porterfield attended the 17th Annual CTLPA Conference in Barbados.
Summer 2013 Activities
- June 11-13: ACPA President Kathleen Kerr attended the 16th Annual CTLPA Conference in Barbados.
- June 17-20: ACPA Executive Director Greg Roberts and Director of Membership Development Chris Moody attended the CACUSS 2013 Conference in Montreal, Canada.
- June 25-27: Professor Gary Weaver conducted a cross-cultural communications workshop for ACPA leaders (Governing Board, Commission, Standing Committee and State and International Division leaders) at the June Leadership Meeting in Indianapolis. Professor Weaver talked about cross cultural communication as it relates to leading an increasingly diverse association and increasing our ability to truly be multicultural.
ACPA Global Initiatives Resources
- International First-Time Convention Attendee Welcome Webinar
- ACPA Global Initiatives Strategic Plan handout (PDF)
- Globalization Presentation (PDF)
ACPA Global Initiatives Future Highlights
- Global Affairs article from the recent edition of Developments
- Ben Lewis' appointment as 2012-2014 Chair of AMOSSHE (UK)
ACPA Global Initiatives Previous Highlights
- Heidi Levine Attends 7th annual Gulf Region Conference.
- ACPA visited with the United International College (UIC).
- Webinar: "Revamping Pre-Arrival Orientation for International Students" co-sponsored with Academic Impressions (June 26, 2012)
- Conference: "Supporting International Student Academic Success" co-sponsored with Academic Impressions (July 11-13, 2012)
- Appointment of the International Member Advisory Board.
- April 5th webinar (free for all members) - "International Student Affairs: The Glitz, the Glam, the Truth" sponsored by the Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development
- April 19th conference call discussion (free for all members) - "Orientation Programming and the Needs of International Students" co-sponsored by the Commission for Admissions, Orientation and the First Year Experience and the Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development
- Trip to China by Greg Roberts, Keith Humphrey and Flo Hamrick
- Updates from the Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development
- Follow #SAsGlobal on Twitter