Donate to our 30 Years and Counting Campaign today!
The Graduate Students and New Professionals Community of Practice exists as a centralized resource and advocate to address the needs and concerns of graduate students and new professionals in the American College Personnel Association, thus working to advance the field of student affairs in higher education. Membership in GSNPCoP is open to all interested parties, however, our focus is primarily for those individuals who self-identify as a graduate student in a master's or doctoral graduate program, and those professionals who have worked in the field of student affairs from one to five years.
- To advocate for issues concerning graduate students and new professionals within ACPA and the field of student affairs.
- To provide forums for lively and honest discussion and strategy related to current issues affecting graduate students and new professionals in higher education.
- To provide orientation, educational and social programs at the annual convention designed to assist graduate students and new professionals with their entry into ACPA.
- To provide year-long information and educational offerings designed to better inform our constituents about issues within ACPA and the field of student affairs that may impact them.
- To encourage and support the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the professional and personal development of graduate students and new professionals.
- To encourage and facilitate graduate students and new professionals involvement in leadership within the association and to foster overall professional development.
- To act as a liaison to other coalitions, commissions, core councils, and task-forces within ACPA.
- To promote, encourage, appreciate, and celebrate diverse opinions and perspectives, ethnicity, sexuality, and spirituality.
Apply to join the 2018-2019 GSNPCoP Directorate
Applications are now closed. Check back for more opportunities on involvement.
Apply to be an Ambassador for 2018-2019
Learn more about our Ambassador's program.
ACPA Ambassadors are accepting applications!
Apply at tiny.cc/ambassadors1819
SUMMER COHORT DEADLINE (PRIMARILY GEARED TOWARD NEW AMBASSADORS): FRIDAY, JUNE 1ST, 2018
FALL COHORT DEADLINE (FOR NEW AND RETURNING AMBASSADORS): FRIDAY, AUGUST 31ST, 2018
WINTER COHORT DEADLINE (ABBREVIATED EXPERIENCE FOR NEW AMBASSADORS): MONDAY, DECEMBER 17TH, 2018
ACPA's Graduate Student and New Professional Community of Practice is excited to present a panel on making the most of your summer internship on June 7th at 1pm EST. A panel of Student Affairs Professionals and experienced graduate assistants will answer your questions about how to take advantage of the opportunities your summer internship will provide you. RSVP for the webinar at https://shindig.com/login/event/acpa-5.