A mentor is an experienced professional who wishes to provide feedback, guidance, and suggestions regarding professional development to a new and/or professional.
A mentor can expect to:
- Respond to the initial contact made by the protégé or outreach directly to protégé to begin the conversation;
- Engage in conversation with protégé regarding what they are looking for and set expectations for the cohort period and beyond;
- Meet with the protégé twice a month during the cohort period either in person or using various technology;
- Contact protégé if unable to connect for a scheduled meeting in a timely manner;
- Respond to requests for assistance and guidance from protégé,
- Assist a protégé to identify areas of strength and areas warranting further development, particularly with regards to the competencies and career development (may include response to competency rubrics, resume critiques, or discussion of next steps);
- Assist the protégé to identify options through which she or he might further develop.
- Provide and be open to feedback; and
- Evaluate the relationship throughout the process in consultation with their protégé. Should correspondence between your protégé cease or if you have any concerns surrounding communication with your protégé, please notify the program coordinator for assistance and support.
A mentor should not expect to:
- Provide the only source of professional development for the protégé;
- Be placed in a position that might undermine the position of the protégé’s supervisor;
- Be the sole initiator of contact and conversation in the mentoring relationship;
- Rely on their protégé to offer guidance and support on their personal problems;
- Act in place of any other professional should the protégé express concerns beyond the scope of the mentor’s training, professional role and/or comfort level; or
- Rely on their protégé to provide and/or offer all topics of conversation.
Mentor To Do List
- Read protégé /mentor expectations information
- Communicate with protégé regularly during the cohort period
- Discuss expectations and needs with protégé
- Respond to the protégé within two business days
- Support and guide work of the protégé
- Lead conversation regarding considerations after cohort period