Under the guidance and authority of ACPA: College Student Educators International, the ACPA Mid-Level Community of Practice is the home for mid-level professionals in student affairs and higher education. Mid-Level Professionals are those individuals who have been in the field for more than five years and are not a Senior Student Affairs Officer.
For some professionals, mid-level is a position at which they wish to remain for their professional careers. The reasons for doing so are as unique as the individual themselves and may encompass not only professional concerns but personal concerns as well. Likewise, some professionals see the mid-level as a stepping-stone to senior level opportunities. The ACPA MLCOP offers involvement opportunities for this broad range of needs.
Join the MLCOP Listserv
- You must be an ACPA member to join MLCOP. To join ACPA, click “Become a Member” above.
- If you are already an ACPA member, click on “Member Portal” at the top right of this screen.
- Log onto your ACPA Member Profile.
- Then click on “Groups" on the left side navigation
- Search for "Mid-Level Community of Practice"
- Select the green plus button on the right side of the group box
Upcoming Webinar--June 25th 12:30pm-1:30pm (eastern)
MLCOP Presents: Supervising the “current generation”: Millennials & Generation Z!
Tuesday June 25 @ 12:30pm.
Brought to you by the Mid-Level Community of Practice and the Graduate & New Professionals Community of Practice this panel style webinar will look at supervision of current new professionals and graduate students. What does this group need from its Mid-Level supervisors? Hear from a panel of current new professionals on what we can do to best support, inspire, motivate, and supervise this generation of Student Affairs Practitioners.
- Rasha Cheek Vice Chair of External Affairs-GSNP she/her/hers
- College Advising Corps, Learning Lab eAdviser
- Brittany Stegeman Coordinator for Ambassador Recruitment-GSNP she/they
- Complex Director, Northwest Missouri State University
- Hannah White Coordinator of Student Affairs Innovation Competition-GSNP she/her/hers
- Coordinator for Leadership and Community Engagement, University of Oregon
- Terrian Garvis Coordinator of Professional Development-GSNP he/him/his
- Coordinator, Student Affairs Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University
Looking to get involved?
If you have suggestions, ideas, or questions, MLCOP would like to hear from you!