Central to the substance and structure of our professional development initiatives are the ACPA/NASPA Professional Competency Areas for Student Affairs Practitioners.
- Advising and Helping
- Assessment, Evaluation, and Research
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Ethical Professional Practice
- History, Philosophy, and Values
- Human and Organizational Resources
- Law, Policy, and Governance
- Student Development & Learning
- Personal Foundations
A "short version" handout can be found by clicking here.
The Professional Competencies Rubrics form can be found here. (PDF)