ACPA, the Association of College Unions International (ACUI), the American Society of Judicial Affairs (ASJA), and the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) have formed the Consortium on Government Relations for Student Affairs (CGRSA). The consortium will enable member associations to collectively accomplish several public policy tasks.
Carol Holladay, a partner specializing in governmental affairs and higher education policy with the law firmHurt, Norton and Associates, Inc., has been retained to provide outside consulting assistance to the Consortium. Holladay will assist CGRSA in its federal legislative and regulatory activities.
The Consortium, with assistance from its Washington consultant, will perform the following activities and services for its member organizations:
- Develop a list of priority issues of importance to Consortium members and implement a legislative and/or regulatory strategy for each issue.
- Review and analyze proposed federal legislation and regulations of significance to member organizations.
- Identify and track federal legislation of importance to achieving the Consortium's goals.
- Provide information on the Consortium and its position on student affairs issues to key members of Congress and their staff.
- Provide legislative and regulatory updates on Consortium issues at members' meetings and annual conventions.
- Assist member organizations with grassroots efforts.
- Submit congressional testimony and agency comments on Consortium issues.
- Provide individual member organizations with legislative and regulatory information for Web sites, e-mail alerts, and newsletters.
Click here for a Glossary of Legislative Terms
Public Policy Releases
Post date: Thursday, February 4, 2016 - 19:49
Post date: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 - 10:05
Post date: Friday, September 4, 2015 - 14:48
Post date: Friday, June 26, 2015 - 11:33