The Coalition for Graduate Students and New Professionals exists as a centralized resource and advocate to address the needs and concerns of graduate students and new professionals in the American College Personnel Association, thus working to advance the field of student affairs in higher education. Membership in CGSNP is open to all interested parties, however, our focus is primarily for those individuals who self-identify as a graduate student in a master's or doctoral graduate program, and those professionals who have worked in the field of student affairs from one to five years.
- To advocate for issues concerning graduate students and new professionals within ACPA and the field of student affairs.
- To provide forums for lively and honest discussion and strategy related to current issues affecting graduate students and new professionals in higher education.
- To provide orientation, educational and social programs at the annual convention designed to assist graduate students and new professionals with their entry into ACPA.
- To provide year-long information and educational offerings designed to better inform our constituents about issues within ACPA and the field of student affairs that may impact them.
- To encourage and support the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the professional and personal development of graduate students and new professionals.
- To encourage and facilitate graduate students and new professionals involvement in leadership within the association and to foster overall professional development.
- To act as a liaison to other coalitions, commissions, core councils, and task-forces within ACPA.
- To promote, encourage, appreciate, and celebrate diverse opinions and perspectives, ethnicity, sexuality, and spirituality.
Apply to join the 2017-2018 CGSNP Directorate
The ACPA Coalition for Graduate Students and New Professionals (CGSNP) is seeking to fill the Coordinator positions on our Directorate team for 2017-2018! This is a great way for graduate students and new professionals to get more involved in ACPA and all are welcome to apply for these opportunities. There are a total of 27 Coordinator positions within CGSNP. To learn more about these positions and apply, please visit our application. If you have any questions or concerns about the application or the process, please feel free to reach out to Nick Fuselier at Nicholas.email@example.com. The deadline to apply is midnight of Monday, March 6th. All decisions will be made by Monday, March 13th.
Apply to be an Ambassador for 2016-2017
The Student Affairs Educator: Taking an Intentional Approach to the Work We Do
Faculty in Residence
The ACPA Coalition for Graduate Students and New Professionals (CGSNP) invites two distinguished scholars to assist in the academic and professional development of the CGSNP membership. These faculty will be encouraged to utilize their research interests to create a plan outlining their joint contributions to support and develop CGSNP members. Collaboration and coordination between both Faculty-in-Residence (FiR) is highly crucial to the success of this initiative. Of the two FiR selected, one will serve in a two year term and the other will serve in a one year term.
Applications are due March 14, 2016. Learn more about becoming at Faculty-in-Residence access the application here.
Call for Awards Reviewers
For this upcoming academic year, we are looking for volunteers to review award nominations submitted for our monthly and Convention awards. You could volunteer for monthly, Convention, or both. For monthly awards, we'll send you an email 6 times next year to elicit votes, and once for Convention awards around November. Sign up now