Sponsored Programs at the ACPA's Annual Conventions
Ever year, CGDSD sponsors a number of programs at the Annual Convention. Programs address a broad range of international and global issues in post-secondary education. We encourage professionals at all levels and from all countries to consider submitting a program proposal for sponsorship.
For example, if your work and your interests are related to:
- The practice(s) of student affairs world globally,
- Education abroad and/or international student programs,
- Examples of intercultural competence development (at home) initiatives, or
- Ideas and discussions on working with diverse populations of students
...you should consider submitting a program proposal for sponsorship!
Why Submit a Sponsored Program?
A sponsored program receives additional visibility among existing members of the Commission. Sponsored programs also get greater promotion to all conference attendees though dedicated and additional spaces in the conference program and web promotion.
Submiting a Sponsored Program
To have your program considered for sponsorship, when completing your program proposal
- Select ‘Yes’ in the Sponsored Program option.
- Then select "Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development” from the list of Commissions
If your proposal covers multiple areas (e.g. career planning for international students) you can indicate co-sponsorship (by selecting CGDSD and another Commission or Coalition).
The co-sponsored option means we can sponsor more great work as it only counts as 0.5 of our 5 allotted spots. Remember, proposals not selected for sponsorship will remain in consideration in the general program review!
Serving as a Proposal Reviewer
Commission members volunteer to review all program proposals submitted to the CGDSD for Sponsorship each summer/early Fall. If you are interested in serving as a Reviewer or would like more information, please contact the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.