2020 Annual Convention Information
The AOFYE Commission sponsors several networking opportunities during the ACPA Annual Convention. Those interested in AOFYE can meet the Directorate Board during the CelebrACPA event. In addition, AOFYE sponsors an meeting during the convention that is open to all ACPA members who are interested in learning more about the Commission. This meeting generally features the opportunity to meet fellow colleagues in the AOFYE field from around the country as well as recognize the winners of the Commission's Excellence Awards and Research Grant. Important partners such as the Association for Orientation, Transition, and Retention in Higher Education (NODA) and the National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition also are in attendance to update the membership on important resources and upcoming professional development opportunities.
AOFYE Open Community Meeting: Tuesday March 3, 3-4pm Omni Nashville Hotel, Boradway Ballroom C
Co-Sponsored Social by AOFYE and Commission for Studen Involvement: Wednesday March 4th, 6-8pm at Ponchos of Nashville
Sponsored Programs at Convention:
- TransForming Socialization: Supporting Transgender Students’ Journeys to College: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 10:45-11:45am Nashville Music City Center 107B
- Co-Sponsor Commission for Counseling & Psychological Services: Promoting First-Year Mental Health and Belonging: Impacts of Social Media: Tuesday, March 3 1:45-3:00pm, Nashville Music City Center 106B
- Co-Sponsor CMA [email protected]/x Network: Partnering for Success: (Re) Concenptualizing Family Engagement for First-Generation Students: Wednesday March 4th 8-9:15am, Nashville Music City Center 101D
- Who Does College Access?:Viewing Impacts of Pre-College & CBO Programs: Wednesday, March 4 10:45-11:45am Nashville Music City Center 101C
- Examining Messages of Campus Racial Climate Within Pre-Orientation Program Websites: Wednesday, March 4, 2:00-3:00pm Nashville Music City Center 110B
If you can’t make it to the Convention this year, don’t fret! We will have plenty of webcasts, blog posts and other professional development opportunities for you throughout the year. Keep an eye on your email for announcements about these activities and ways to become more involved with AOFYE.