Careers In Student Affairs
Are you interested in a career in student affairs? Do you know someone who could potentially be a suitable and fantastic student affairs professional?
The month of October is designated as Careers In Student Affairs Month. It seeks to highlight the various options to students who may be interested in pursuing a lifelong career by committing to on-going student development and success.
Images Of Student Affairs
Download the Flyer (PDF)
Starting October 1, we encourage you to get creative with your students and submit an image through Instagram that is relevant to the following statement: “ Student affairs is…. ”
Here are some simple rules:
- Add a caption to complete the statement above;
- Only ACPA members are eligible to enter and win;
- Tag each photo with #ACPACSA;
- Each member may submit up to three entries;
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on October 31, 2013.
Please Note: If your Instagram account is private, only people who follow your account can see your posts. If you wish to submit an entry for this campaign and keep your account private, e-mail ACPA at [email protected] to request that ACPA follow you on Instagram.
Here are the fun prizes for the most creative and compelling entries:
- Kindle Fire
- Amazon gift cards (valued at $50 USD each)
- iPod Touch
Winners will be notified by early November. Please make sure your contact information is current in your ACPA profile. It ensures that if you win, we will send the prize to the correct mailing address.
Spotlight On Student Affairs
Throughout the month of October, we will post statements made by a diverse group of ACPA members. Feel free to share these with your students and/or use them to start a conversation about their interest in student affairs.
Learn About Student Affairs
Sign-up and get involved in the following opportunities:
- Best Practices for the Entry-Level Student Affairs Job Search (Webcast) - Wednesday, 10/16/13 - 12:00 - 1:30 PM ET Sponsored by ACPA Career Central
- Twitter Chat - Join us at #ACPACSA if you're interested in career in student affairs Wednesday, 10/23/13 - 12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
- Experiences of Students of Color in Student Affairs Preparation Programs (Webcast) - Wednesday, 10/30/13 - 12:00 - 1:30 PM ET • Sponsored by ACPA Career Central
For questions or more information about any of the programs above, please feel free to e-mail the ACPA International Office