In March 2022, ACPA will return to St. Louis, Missouri for its Annual Convention. ACPA 2021-2022 President, Danielle Morgan Acosta, invites you to consider applying to serve as the ACPA22 Convention Chair!
Leading the ACPA Annual Convention planning efforts, in collaboration with the ACPA International Office staff and team of dedicated volunteers, is a transformative opportunity to serve the profession and shape the convention experience for those who participate.
About the ACPA Convention Chair Role
- In partnership with the Vice President, sets the overall vision for the Convention. Has overall responsibility for the Annual Convention Program and Curriculum and serves as the cost center manager for the convention program budget, working directly with the International Office.
- Leads the Convention Steering Team.
- Sets and chairs all team meetings.
- Appoints members of the Convention Steering Committee and Convention Planning Team through an open process, in consultation with the ACPA Vice President and International Office Team, and Convention Steering Committee leads for each area.
- Serve as budget manager for convention program and curriculum costs, approve all expenditures, and oversee convention finances in conjunction with the Director of Professional Development.
- Implement the convention planning timetable and curriculum as developed by the Convention Steering Committee, Convention Program Team, and International Office Staff.
- Consult with the Director of Professional Development regarding the convention budget, overall convention management, and overall schedule and promotion.
- Consult with the local arrangements team regarding local arrangements and special amenities.
- In conjunction with the program team, oversee the development of the convention program curriculum and planning cycle from program submission to convention execution.
- Communicate with the Governing Board and various entity chairpersons concerning the development of the convention program.
- Determine fiscal appropriations of the convention program budget and host functions in consultation with the International Office Staff.
- Collect and coordinate reports from Convention Steering Committee and Convention Program Team; prepare and provide a Final Report within three (3) months after convention.
Chairing the ACPA Convention is a great feat, and often mentioned as one of the highlights of one’s career. We welcome passionate candidates who have experience in setting a vision, leading volunteer teams to accomplish that vision, and building relationships with Association leaders and members alike to shape inclusive communities. Join us in boldly transforming higher education. Applications are due Monday, 5 October, 2020.
An open call for Convention Planning Team membership and volunteers will be shared shortly following Convention Chair selection.
If you have any questions, please contact Angela Hoffman, ACPA Director of Professional Development, by email at [email protected] or phone at 202.539.6505.