Commission Awards (DUE Friday, November 1st)
Do you know an individual, program, or department worthy of recognition for their remarkable impact on higher education? Submit your nominations HERE! Our Commission is now accepting nomations for various award categories. The Award Categories are:
- Individual Awards Based on Professional Level
- Programs/Initiatives Awards
- Research & Writing Grants
- Service Awards
- Travel Awards
- Social Justice Awards
- Speciality Awards
Join the Directorate Today!
The directorate is always looking for involved members! It is easy to join us and at this time no elections are necessary! ALL are encouraged to apply if you are interested in being actively involved!
Now is your chance to get involved with the Commission for Commuter Students and Adult Learners Directorate. Please complete the Candidate Information Form, and a Directorate Board Member will contact you. If you are nominating someone else please email the person's name and contact information to Brandy Daniels at email@example.com and she will reach out to that person directly.
Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter
2019 Commission Awards
2018-2019 Award Winners
Outstanding Achievement by a New Student Affairs Professional
- Meghan Woodward, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Outstanding Publication Award
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville; Office of Commuter Student Engagement: First-Year Commuter Newsletter
Outstanding Program for Commuter Students Award
- First Year Studies, FYS 101 Commuter Course, The University of Tennessee
There are many opportunities to get involved in our Commission on your schedule! Whether it is helping the Awards Committee select the best programs, contributing to this newsletter, or reviewing our Sponsored Programs, there is plenty to do! Please fill out this involvement form and a member of the Directorate will contact you with more information.
Benefits of the Commission
By joining the Commission for Commuter Students and Adult Learners, you will receive the following benefits:
- Quarterly newsletter containing best practices, upcoming events, and ACPA news
- Free webinars each year covering innovative ideas, research, and best practices concerning commuter students and adult learners
- A listserv of colleagues to solicit advice from
Providing a network of contacts and support for those serving commuter student and adult learners;
Providing a forum for discussing and advocating commuter and adult student needs and concerns; and
Promoting the generation and sharing of data, research, services, and programs which effectively enhance commuter and adult students' development.