Thank you for visiting our website. On here, you will learn about our Commission, how to stay connected with us, the different opportunities for involvement, upcoming Commission programs, and more. If you have further questions, please contact CGDSD Chair Yuan Zhou (she/her/她).
Check out our About Us page to learn more about the Vision & Mission of our Commission.
How to Get Connected To Our Commission
Connect with Us on Social Media:
- Follow us on Twitter: @GlobalACPA
- Follow us on Instagram: @acpaCGDSD
- Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ACPACGDSD/
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12226312/
- Subscribe to our monthly E-blast.
- Additionally, for all of CGDSD’s current events and communication platforms, check out our Linktree.
Join the Commission:
To officially join our commission...
- Please go to the ACPA Website and click on Member Portal or go directly to this link: https://myacpacommunity.force.com/login
- You will be asked to log in using your ACPA membership credentials
- On the top, you will see several menu options including My Profile, Community Groups (Chatter), Resources. Go to "Community Groups (Chatter)"
- In the menu on the left, go to "Groups"
- In the search bar, enter "Global Dimensions". One of the groups from this search should be: Comm: Global Dimensions Student Dev
- In the membership column, you will see "Join" and a plus sign. Click on that sign.
- You are now subscribed to our Commission listserv. You will receive EBlasts on a regular basis with information about commission activities.
[See detailed instructions to join Chatter below]
Opportunities for Involvement
The Commission offers many ways for ACPA members to get involved and lead. More information on how to join are on our Get Involved page.
Throughout the Year:
Attend one of the Commission's Webinars
watch one of our past Webinars here
Prepare and deliver a presentation as one of our Webinars
Recognize a colleague or initiative related ot international education and the global dimensions of student development through our annual awards
Nominate a student services professional, not currently involved with ACPA, for our Scholarship for International Members
Apply for the CGDSD Research Grant
Submit an article on an international topic or written from a non-U.S. perspective for publication to About Campus, Developments, or the Journal of College Student Development
Serve on the Directorate Board
At the ACPA Annual Convention:
Attend our International Colloquium, a series of sessions that allow participants to explore a topic related to international education in more depth
Attend a sponsored program at the Convention
Attend our open meeting, global reception, or another Commission event at Convention
Volunteer with Commission-sponsored initiatives at Convention - contact us at [email protected] for more information
Volunteer for the Commission or Join the Directorate Board:
If you are interested in getting more involved with CGDSD, please e-mail us at [email protected]. We recruit Directorate Board (DB) members throughout the year. We also have various short-term volunteer positions including sponsored program reviewers, award reviewers, Webinar presenters, volunteers at Convention, etc. Our goal is to help all of our members find a way to meaningfully contribute to our commission.
Detailed Instructions on Joining the Commission on Chatter: