Welcome to the Commission for Two-Year Colleges!
The Commission for Two-Year Colleges is directly concerned with issues relevant to student development programs at two-year institutions. Additionally, it is designed topromote the improvement of student development programs; enhance the professional development of student development personnel; and serve as an advocate for student development programs at two-year institutions.
The Commission Two-Year Colleges enhances your work with students by:
- Giving you access to our e-newsletter, published two times a year, which keeps you updated on current student affairs issues relevant to two-year colleges.
- Providing professional development opportunities through sponsored programs at ACPA's annual convention, commission-sponsored regional workshops, and co-sponsored programs with other national student development in two-year college focused organizations.
- Affording opportunities for you to network with other student development professionals via the Internet, conferences, and workshops.
- Connecting you to job placement opportunities through ACPA's placement services.
- Providing access to research awards for student development for two-year college professionals.
- Providing opportunities for you to dialogue with other college student development professionals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Add us to your "Chatter" in your ACPA Member Portal (see below to learn how)
Drop a line to our Directorate sharing ideas for programs, research, and networking by emailing our Chair at [email protected]
- Thought paper to be published in Winter 2019
- Webinar on Racial Justice and Decolonization in Two-Year Colleges coming in winter 2019
- Summer Drive-In Conference - 2019 will be the 5th annual conference
- Research Mentor Program
Want an experienced guide and mentor as you complete research and promote scholarship related to two-year colleges? Have some time to serve as a mentor? We're looking for you!
Join the Commission
To join the commission through the ACPA Member Portal:
Select committee name from list of committees
Click to open committee
Click on option "join committee".
For additional information, please contact Commission Chair Yancey Gulley at [email protected].
50 Years of History!
In 2011, this commission celebrated its 50th anniversary. To show a bit of the history, a powerpoint was shown at the 2011 ACPA Annual Convention. To view this, click here to view it as a PDF.
Interested in a volunteer leadership position?
Click Here for more Info