2021 ACPA Membership Scholarship Application Information
The Commission for Global Dimensions of Student Development (CGDSD) brings together ACPA members from all functional areas interested in cross-cultural learning, development of intercultural competencies, internationalization, and student services around the world. One of the ways we support this mission, is by offering ACPA Individual Membership Scholarships.
Purpose & Details
This ACPA Membership Scholarship serves to encourage involvement in ACPA and CGDSD from professionals in our field outside of the United States. The CGDSD is offering three scholarships, which will cover one year of ACPA membership. Recipients will not only benefit from having an ACPA Individual Membership, but will also gain from the Commission's robust network of professionals and contribute their knowledge and expertise to assisting the commission in achieving its mission and goals.
To be an eligible applicant you must:
- Be a non or lapsed ACPA member who is part of the international educator community.
- Must be working in the field of student affairs/student services outside the United States.
- Current members and previous scholarship winners are ineligible.
As part of the terms of receiving this Scholarship recipients must:
- Contribute to CGDSD in the year of membership.
- Allow their name to be posted on CGDSD website and social media.
- Be active participants in the CGDSD in the year of the awarded year of membership.
- Serve as a program and/or scholarship/award reviewer during the year of membership.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on the quality of their applications. Applications that demonstrate strong knowledge of ACPA and CGDSD’s mission, and detail specific ways to become involved in programs and activities will be prioritized.
In order to be considered for the 2021 Scholarship, please submit your application by Sunday, November 1st, at 5:00 PM EST (New Deadline)
Click HERE to submit your application.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Past Recipients of the CGDSD Scholarship for International Members
2021 Scholarship Recipients:
- Yuka Jibiki, Adjunct Faculty, Tokai University, Kanagawa, Japan
- Shytance Wren, Instructor and Advisor, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates
- Anil Maharaj, Student Services Assistant, The University of the West Indies (UWI), St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad
2020 Scholarship Recipients:
- Amanda Best-Noel, Manager - Guild Administrative Office (Student Leadership), The University of the West Indies (UWI), St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
- Joshua Kolapo, Faculty Instructor, Zayed University, the United Arab Emirates
2019 Scholarship Recipients:
- Dr. Maria Corazon L. Andoy, Head, Student Affairs Office, Centro Escolar University- Makati Campus, The Philippines
Caitriona McGrattan, Programme Advisor, Maynooth University, Ireland
2018 Scholarship Recipients:
- Cody Rosenbarker, Student Services Coordinator from the Lacoste School of the Arts (SCAD) located in Lacoste, France.
- Laura Burge, Student Experience Manager, Residential Services Department from Deakin University located in Geelong, Victoria.